• Georgia pastor slams GOP nominee Herschel Walker in fiery sermon: ‘We do not want a walker’ (by Natalie Neysa Alund, USA At present)
2. ‘We have to make America Godly once more’: CNN’s Nicole Chavez reviews on “the rising political affect of Latino evangelicals.”
At Faith Information Service, Alejandra Molina explores the central function of religion in Republican efforts to win Latino votes.
At ReligionUnplugged.com, Laura E. Alexander and Cristian Doña-Reveco warning that there’s nobody “Latino vote” as faith and geography add to voter variety.
3. Unchecked partisanship by homes of worship: Church buildings are breaking the regulation by making endorsements in elections, and the IRS is trying the opposite manner, Jeremy Schwartz and Jessica Priest report for ProPublica and the Texas Tribune.
In the meantime, extra People need their church to share their politics, and over half say they consider their congregation is politically unified already, in accordance with Lifeway Analysis’s Aaron Earls.
By the best way, do you know that 20% of the nation’s polling locations are in church buildings? Christianity At present’s Daniel Silliman figured that out by going via a listing of 60,000 polling locations by hand. Actually.
4. The USA of Christianity?: The Tennessean’s Liam Adams delves into what Tennessee’s politics say concerning the rise of Christian nationalism within the U.S.
• Proper-wing roadshow promotes Christian nationalism earlier than midterms (by Annie Gowen, Washington Submit)
• A conservative scholar appears to outline — and defeat — ‘Christian nationalism’ (by Jon Ward, Yahoo! Information)
• Columnist Rod Dreher talks Orthodox Christianity and nationalism (by Jovan Tripkovic, ReligionUnplugged.com)
• Main Christian leaders requested Jan. 6 committee to research Christian nationalism (by Jack Jenkins and Emily McFarlan Miller, Faith Information Service)
• Discuss of ‘Christian nationalism’ is getting rather a lot louder — however what does the time period actually imply? (by Eric McDaniel, The Dialog)
CONTINUE READING: “Religion And Politics: 5 Key Faith Storylines In The 2022 Midterm Elections” by Bobby Ross, Jr., at Faith Unplugged.
Leave a Reply