November 8, in fact, is Election Day! We’ve pulled collectively some vital sources and articles for readers — and please add further ones within the feedback!
- Need assistance discovering your polling place? (Don’t overlook, your designated location can change.) Discover the place to vote by getting into your road deal with in Google’s built-in device.
- Enter your road deal with at Vote411 to get details about native races and candidates.
- Ballotpedia has particulars on how every state offers time without work for voting (or doesn’t).
- The ACLU explains the way to train your voting rights, resist voter intimidation, and entry disability-related lodging and language help on the polls. For assistance on Election Day, name the non-partisan Election Safety Hotline at 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
- (Hopefully you gained’t want this, however Georgetown Legislation’s Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Safety has created reality sheets for all 50 states explaining the legal guidelines barring unauthorized non-public militia teams — and what to do if teams of armed people are close to a polling place.)
- NPR lists the locations the place abortion is on the poll (in a method or one other) this yr.
- Listed here are the NYT’s Stay Updates on the election and their information on when to anticipate outcomes.
- FiveThirtyEight has an interactive device that permits you to decide the winner of every race to see the impact on the positioning’s election forecast for the Home and Senate.
- Bloomberg put collectively a enjoyable quiz known as “Take a look at Your Means to Decide Out a Democrat From a Republican Primarily based on Their Marketing campaign Logos.” (I solely bought 7 out of 13.)
Additionally, on the “fascinating to know however not important” facet of issues, listed here are a number of fascinating sources from Rutgers’ Heart for American Ladies and Politics: (1) lady vs. lady congressional and gubernatorial races, (2) potential milestones and firsts for ladies working for congressional and statewide elective govt workplaces, e.g., no state has ever had girls serving as each governor and lieutenant governor directly, however that would change this yr!), and (3) girls as share of major-party candidates and nominees.
Leave a Reply